Monday, October 31, 2011

1st Grade Scare Crows

I find a lot of ideas from http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/  This is one of them I found there.  The 1st graders enjoyed this project a lot. 





6th Grade Magazine Vessels

This project is one of the few that the students get to work with 3d objects.  They really seemed to get into this project with building it up and actually seeing it grow. 






Monday, October 24, 2011

Art Club Ceiling Tiles

Each Year I select about 12-13 8th grade students to be apart of my Art Club.  I feel that these students show an intrest in art and want to continue their education in art.     Each year the students choose an artist and they paint a ceiling tile based off the artist they selected.  These are this years Art Club Paintings.  And I picture of my room filling up with paitings. 












Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3rd Grade Baskets

We usually dont get to do a ton of 3d projects, but I found a bunch of Craft Sticks recently so the 3rd graders got to make these baskets.  It was a little rough getting started but once they got it, it went pretty smooth, biggest problem is putting them up without them breaking.  That happened a few times.  The kids were really excited about this project.




Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sign Language with 7th Grade

I wanted to do something with hands.  I came up with this idea to have the students write their name in sign language.  Most of these turned out really great. This was a good project for 7th grade students





VanGogh Chairs with 4th Grade

This project took a while, but I think it was worth it.  Students created a 3d chair out of paper and used Vincent VanGogh as their artist.  Students first folded a piece of paper and made 2 equal cuts to create the chair we then reverse folded it so that the chair stuck out from the paper,  after that we colored the whole page, adding a pattern to the floor and something interesting to the background along with legs and a seat for the chair.  After that was done we folded another piece of paper to go behind the orginal and continued to work on the floor and background with adding the legs to the back of the chair.   Finally we glued the two papers together to get this work you see below.