Thursday, September 27, 2012

Facebook!!

This could be one of my favorite projects so far this year.  I was trying to figure out a good way to introduce art history into my classroom and I thought that if I threw in something that that they could relate to they would enjoy it more.  Students randomly drew artist out of a cup of a list I pre-selected.  Once they had their artist we went to the computer lab and started our research.  The student had to find  5 facts, 3 quotes, a profile picture and a cover photo.  After they had their information we went through and blocked out what the facebook page would look like and then the students used oil pastels, color pencils, and markers to draw and color the cover photo.  These all turned out great and they all learned something new about each artist.  And before they graded them I had them tell me an extra fact that wasn't on the art project.











2 comments:

  1. Great project! I'm enjoying your blog & will be following with interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this with my 5th graders!! Did you have "safe" websites picked out for them, because some artist have nude paintings on the sites.

    ReplyDelete