Wednesday, October 3, 2012

5th Grade Giraffes


This is a project that I found on Pintrest and I can't seem to find the artist that I got this inspiration from. If I find it I will post it later.  This was a 5th grade project that they really seemed to enjoy.  We drew out the giraffes with pencils and then traced them with sharpie markers and added our patterns in the giraffes spots.  Then we got out our water color pencils and drew out the background and then added water to blend the colors.  This looked pretty similar to the artist that we based this off of and they are super colorful.








2 comments:

  1. Lovely contrast between the B&W giraffe & the colorful background - I especially like the last one, she (maybe it's the eyelashes, I think it's a she!) has such a quizzical expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The 5th graders really get a kick out of this project and how it turns out.

      Delete