Friday, January 9, 2015

3D sculpture

This was a great 1 day project for 3rd graders.  We started by talking about sculpture and then element of 3d.  I then did a quick demo of how to fold,twist, and glue the construction paper strips to the paper. I have the students the rest of the time to work except the last 5 min.  Those minuets were used for the students to take a walk around and observe the others students work.
They were pretty excited to take these works with them.
I recently found this project on another site and then forgot where I saw it, so to that teacher I am sorry I can not link this to you.




1 comment:

  1. I used this for my library's recent construction-themed story time, in addition to some other materials used. Thanks for the suggestion! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete