Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Currency Collage

This project was so much fun to work on.  I have recently found the artist Joey Colombo and loved his work, he does collages using currency from the US and other countries.  So for our project I thought we would use him as our example, along with the artist Mark Wagner. I enlarged dollar bills in the copy machine to about 150 and printed mostly $1, I also had my students bring in money from other countries and we used those as well.  Students used scissors and glue to create their collage.  After they had finished at least one I showed them how to enlarge and shrink on the copier as well.  I feel that having different sizes of money let the students have fun with this project.  Here is a link to my Pinterest page with EXAMPLES






3 comments:

  1. It is for us since we are using copies. Not as sure for the real artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not legal to photo copy money i would think

    ReplyDelete