Thursday, March 24, 2016

Dogs!!

This is a new project I did with my 2nd grade. We did a follow along drawing on the board, then the students filled the dog and background with patterns with markers.  The next classes we began our painting with water on them. Finally we outlined them with sharpie. This took about 3 days to do. 





Friday, March 18, 2016

The Great Wave

This is a project I recently did with the 5th grade class. I have started working with Artist Studies in some of my upper elementary classes.   I started with a power point about the 36 prints of Mt. Fuji and we discussed the Great Wave.  From there we I did a group sketch with the printed picture next to them. We talked about what to draw first second and third.  Once they had their sketch done we outlined the ocean with blue and decorated the sky(their choice) and we used water on marker to get the desired effect.  Once it was all dry we outlined in Sharpie.





Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WIP Art Club

Here is a large project I decided to undertake with the art club, we are doing an collage with crayons of the trees from The Lorax.  I have students coming in the mornings to peel crayons for the art club and I have others sorting them. It will take a bit of time but I feel that this will be well worth it.  After it is all done we plan on donating the work to the local Library.



Friday, March 11, 2016

Zentangle Fruit

This project is taking a really long time because of missing days at school.  It seems when I start a really good project we are confronted with a lot of days off.  This is a 6th grade project.  We first did a sketch of the fruit on free draw paper, then we did it again on larger paper.  We separated the background and they filled it with patterns. The students stayed away from outlining the fruit during this process.  Finally when the background was done we colored the fruit with markers, and then used water to create the paint effect. ( I have found with a limited budget this is a great way to portray painting) After it was dry we went back and outlined with a sharpie and we talked about crosshatching for adding shadows.